Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Good Heart

I just wanted to share this quote I came across reading Filipino profiles across the internet. I am refreshed by messages like this, because I try my darndest to live a life like that. Sometimes I'm vain; sometimes I have too much pride. Sometimes I forget what I'm doing. Sometimes, I just wanna quit. Sometimes, I just don't want to care. But I am glad to come across messages that inspire. I need not explain; it's self explanatory.

"NEVER feel intimidated by people who act as if they own the world.
Regardless of where we came from, what kind of environment we grew up with, or
how small other people treat us, it all boils down on how we look at ourselves.
Social graces and languages are learned. We do not envy people who are full of
such, rather we envy those who despite of not having blessed with material
things in life are adored by many because of their good heart.."

What about you? What are the tenets you live by? What are you principles? Do you stand by anything? Does the world revolve around you? Or is there a higher principle out there that should be the guiding force of our existence?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say I'd rather be poor than be selfish and self-righteous ;)

Unknown said...

I cannot give anything I do not have. If I do not respect myself, I cannot respect others. If I do not care for myself, I cannot be empathic to others. If I do not love myself, I could not share this love to others. If I should understand others, I should understand myself. Everything starts within me.

Anonymous said...

well the principles in life that i usually follow is just do good to other people

Anonymous said...

Social graces and languages are learned. We do not envy people who are full of
such, rather we envy those who despite of not having blessed with material
things in life are adored by many because of their good heart.

What is that quote mean?